Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My first piece of clothing!

I sewed my first piece of clothing! It’s nothing fancy - just an A-line skirt, but it was fun to do. The pattern said that it was an easy 2 hour project - - – It took me all day! Oh well. Everything went smoothly until I got to the waistband step. The instructions weren’t very clear so I just made something up.  There was supposed to be a button and zipper closure in the back, but I settled for a zipper and a snap since it was taking me so long. I followed a great tutorial by grosgrain when sewing in the zipper and had no problems.
Firsts for me:
  • following a pattern – includes buying enough fabric, getting my notions, cutting out the pattern, and following instructions
  • sewing a zipper
  • sewing darts
I’m looking forward to my next project and learning more techniques!

No comments:

Post a Comment