Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Final Quilting Class

It's hard to believe that we have reached the final quilting class!  The quilt top is complete! I love it. When I began the process of picking out fabric, I picked three with green and thought that overall my blocks would look green. They definitely don’t. I guess I should have put the green fabric in the larger squares. I like the way it turned out though. It’s a good Fall/Autumn quilt.
For our final class, we learned how to put our backing together and how to baste the quilt. Our teacher also showed us how to bind the quilts when we get to that point. I had good practice piecing my back because my backing fabric was directional and so I had to line everything up when piecing it together.
After piecing, we learned how to cut out the batting and how to baste the quilt. One thing I learned about basting -  it takes LOTS of pins! We worked as a group and got two of our quilts basted. I felt bad for the other woman because she was going to have to baste her quilt on her own at home because we ran out of time. Now I just have to get a walking foot in order to quilt it. I hope to get it finished in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment