Monday, June 13, 2011

Aliza's quilt


Alizas quilt, originally uploaded by seamstosew.

I just love "Bliss" by Bonnie and Camille! I got a couple of layer cakes and a charm pack of the line for Christmas and was excited when I found out that my friends were expecting a girl. I knew "Bliss" would make the perfect baby quilt for a girl!

Since it took me a while to finish my first quilt, I wanted to do something that would go together really fast. So I opted to just use my charm pack and add a few squares of white in the mix. It definitely went together really fast!

I still learned a lot making this quilt because I didn't have any instructions to follow and my teacher wasn't right beside me to ask questions :)

I embroidered a label for Miss Aliza on the back of the quilt with her birthdate on it. I hope she will enjoy it for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment